31. Stationary left foot reverse crescent block; right mid/high-section double front turning kick; right
high-section reverse turning kick.
(Opponent punches high.) Drop forward into left walking
stance with high-section knife-hand block and right midsection upset punch combination followed by right high section inward
knife-hand strike combination (in fast sequence); grab opponent’s right arm; pull back as you sweep the right leg
with your right hand; reverse punch with yell.
Vertical jumping; right high-section front turning kick.
34. Jump right forward into sitting stance; left knife-hand block and right high-section spear hand combination;
right palm strike to face with right foot sweep; right reverse punch with yell.
1ST DEGREE BLACK BELT
35. (1) Attack--Step in with high front punch
Response--Duck under the attack, blocking
with a left rising block, attack with right arc hand to neck. Continue forward, pushing the attacker's arm up and to the left,
pulling down on the inner elbow with the right hand, sweeping with the right foot.
36. (2) Attack--step in with a high front punch
Response--Trap the punch with a high-section pressing block with X knife-hand, Kick to attacker's
head with a high front kick.
37. (3) Attack--Low front kick
Block and trap with low pressing block with X fist, step between attacker's legs holding attacker's right leg with left hand.
Hit attacker to the face, then grab attacker's uniform and sweep with the right leg.
38. (4) Attack--Rear leg mid-section side kick
Response--Step to the left,
block with left palm upward block. Hold leg up with the left arm, step in and sweep with the right foot.
39. (5) Attack--Step in with mid front punch.
Response--Step to the left, block with a right knife-hand. Step in with the left foot grabbing
the attacker's wrist with both hands, twisting the wrist away at the same time. Place the attacker's upturned elbow in your
armpit and drop straight down, sliding your feet out in front. Pull up on the attacker's wrist, breaking the elbow
40. (6) Attack--Step in with mid front punch
Response--Step to left, block with a right knife-hand. Grab the attacker's wrist with both hands, and attack
to the high-section with a left crescent kick. (Attacker ducks head forward) Follow through with crescent kick and drop it
in front of the attacker, twisting the wrist away at the same time, sitting on the upturned elbow. Pull the attacker's arm
and break it.
(7) Attack--Step in with a high front punch
Response--Jump to left, both feet at the same time, kicking
attacker to the chest with a right front turning kick, immediately deliver right hook kick to back of attacker's head.
42. (8) Attack--Step in with mid front punch.
with left reverse crescent kick. Kick to attacker's low section with right front snap kick, followed immediately by high right
43. (9) Attack--Step in with high
Response--Step back into right knife-hand guarding block position kick attacker's
low section with front snap kick, and do not put foot down. Jump up and deliver a high right front snap kick to attacker's
(10) Attack--Step in with mid front punch.
Response--Block punch with left reverse crescent kick. Deliver right front turning kick to
attacker's ribs, followed immediately by high-section front turning kick to attacker's neck. Leave the kick hooking the attacker's
neck, and finish with a palm strike to attacker's face.
DEGREE BLACK BELT
45. (1) Attack – Step in with
Response – Step to outside of punch with a knife-hand block, grab
wrist with right hand, bend elbow with left hand pushing punch toward attacker’s body making a 90 degree wrist lock
covering attacker’s elbow with left hand, finish with leg sweep take down then punch.
46. (2) Attack – Step in with mid-section punch
– Step to outside of punch with a knife-hand block followed by reverse knife-hand strike to face then cross leg sweep
attackers foot while pushing attacker’s shoulder with right hand, finish with punch.
(3) Attack – Downward strike with knife
Response – Step back with high-section
pressing block with x-fists, grab wrist then bring attacker’s wrist down and back up in a rolling motion to expose the
shoulder, knee strike to attackers shoulder, downward elbow strike to neck, grab attacker’s waist line, push attackers
arm while pulling waistline forward throwing attacker to ground.
(4) Attack – Upward strike with knife
Response – Step back with low pressing
block with x-fists, grab wrist, raise attackers arm stepping under arm pull attacker’s hand to attacker’s mid-section,
reach around attackers mid-section pulling attacker’s strike into attacker’s mid-section, reach down to attacker’s
ankles and pull back/up while pushing attacker’s waist with shoulder.
(5) Attack – Mid-section straight attack with knife
Response – Step to
outside of attack with left hand palm block then grab, pull left hand back while striking back of attacker’s hand with
right palm, wrist lock, and step back pulling attacker’s hand down for takedown, finish with strike and/or break.
(6) Attack – Front diagonal slash with knife
Response – Step to
inside of strike with parallel forearm block, grab wrist with left hand, right elbow to attacker’s mid-section, right
back fist to attacker’s face, bring attacker’s arm to shoulder pulling down to dislocate the elbow.
(7) Attack – Back diagonal slash with knife
Response – Step to outside with parallel
forearm block grabbing attacker’s wrist and shoulder, continue stepping around attacker bringing attacker’s arm
down to floor for a takedown, finish with strike to neck/face/shoulder.
(8) Attack – Mid-section straight attack with knife
Response – Pivot hips
in place grabbing the inside of attacker’s wrist with right hand, forearm strike with the left arm to attacker’s
elbow, left elbow strike to attacker’s mid-section or high-section, finish with knee strike to attacker’s mid-section.
53. (9) Attack – Choke from behind
– Turn chin into elbow joint, elbow strike to attacker’s ribs dropping into sitting stance, pull down on attacker’s
arm with both hands dropping outside knee to floor while turning inward, finish with counter attack.
(10) Attack – Choke from side with defender bending over
– Turn chin into attacker’s body, reach up with inside hand grabbing attacker’s shoulder/ear/neck/face while
grabbing back of attacker’s knee with outside hand, pull attacker’s shoulder/ear/neck/face backward while pushing
attacker’s knee forward while raising own body upward, finish with strike to attacker’s back/head/neck.